The Lindsay Family

The Lindsay Family
2011

Thursday, May 26, 2011

My First Blog

Well, here it is. I finally decided to start blogging. I love Facebook, but it's hard to keep track of things I post. I am a mom to Tim, age 9. He just started 4th grade, and has high functioning autism. Josh is 6, just started 2nd grade and has Asperger's. Kaylee is my little two-year-old spitfire. I chose to homeschool my children before I even became a mom, but that's for another blog post. I drive a school bus as our main source of income, since my husband is unable to work.
We live somewhere in San Bernardino County with our "Zoo". We are all animal lovers, and each one we have is a family member to us. Proof that there's no such thing as a family too large. Our plans are to eventually move and start our own homestead. I wish we could do this tomorrow! We make as much as we can from scratch, including our laundry detergent. Ridding our house of toxins and using as much aw we can that is natural, has been our game plan since learning that our oldest had autism.
We do our best to put our Lord, Jesus Christ, center of our lives. Although we do fail him miserably on a daily basis, we keep striving to be more Christ-like and to raise our children to put Jesus first. We don't claim to be perfect, by no means. If you spent a day with us, you would see that for yourselves! We enjoy life, and spend every free minute with our children. They are only young once, and being older parents, we count each moment as precious... even when they are driving us crazy.
I will try to blog at least once a week, so please, stay tuned. If you have a question for me, send them my way and if it isn't too personal, I may write a blog about the topic. To my family and friends, in real life and online only, I don't know what I would do without you. Having your support makes life so much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment